Friday 23 January 2009

First Draft- DONE!!

Today I finished the first draft on the script for my TV pilot. Hooray. Feels like an achievement even though I know there’s still a lot of work to do on it. I’m already making the odd change even though I know I should leave it for a bit. All the books tell you to leave it alone for a while after you’ve finished anyway. I know I won’t be able to resist touching it up (oo-err) and I’ll be diving in making changes.
I can see or feel some problems with it already.
· I believe one of my characters changes personality about halfway through just because I didn’t know how to write for her to begin with and the character formed throughout the process.
· Need to strengthen the thread that holds the story.
· I know the story is very slight because the characters all have to meet i’ve been busy setting everything up so need to put more story in there.

I am really excited by this process though. Drafting and re-drafting my novel felt like a massive and daunting task whilst this feels more like fun, I’m sure it won’t in a week or two and I’ll be regretting that last comment.
To cap the day off the Harlan Ellison book Shatterday came through the post today so it’s been a good un all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment