Sunday 1 March 2009

A week in the life

Well, it's been a busy week. which I will now quickly recap in, hopefully, a quick readable blog.
Last Sunday saw my first appearance on radio, on the Richard Holland Inexperience at http://www.calonfm.com/ discussing the oscars and films. this was after a day of frantic comedy sketch writing for the oppurtunity that came up on writers room over at the BBC. www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom
I think the radio show went well, although haven't heard it back yet. Should I? Or will hearing my own voice send me to my own death?
The week continued and I redrafted a few pages of my TV drama, which was rudely interupted by mountains of marking for my teaching job. URGH!
What started off as fun, writing these sketches, ended up becoming very stressful indeed. Three sketches were needed by Friday morning, working with a writing partner and struggling to get i partner on Movie Magic Screenwriter working, it became hard work.
They were done, if we had more time they could have been better, but they were sent and I'm kind of happy with them. So drafting took a back seat. Writing took a back seat and now I feel beaten down by last weeks workload.
Next week sees the Wedding Present come to Wrexham and Doodle Planet, but hopefully I'll be able to get working through that draft again, or just start something. It's all about getting that motivation again and again. So here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment