Monday 24 January 2011

Spaceships Podcast

Every week my friend Jim compiles a podcast of great tunes on his blog

This week for podcast 13 he asked me to contribute some choices.

Below I'll explain my choices, in painstaking High Fidelity detail, before providing you with the link to go download it.

Firstly, you've got to start with something that grabs the attention, or something epic, you've got to have a launching pad that isn't just a 'normal' tune. I wanted something odd to open up and a good track is the title track from the film PONYO. It's short, sweet and catchy as hell.

Following that we're into the belly of the beast, of what I called when talking about it the MELANCHOLY MIX. New Year's Kiss by Casiotone for the Painfully Alone sets this up.
I then placed Husker Du's I Don't Wanna Know if you are Lonely at 3, i wish this came a bit later, it's something with a but of a faster pace a but louder, it would have broke up proceedings later on. Oh well, nevermind, it's still a great track.

After that come 3 piano led tunes, you'll be a wreck on the floor after those, then picked up by some blues tunes. Walkin' the Blues by Willie Dixon is my favourite song to write to at present.

Then the end of my stint with track 9 The Leaning Tree off the new Sun Kil Moon album, epic yet stripped back, with perfect vocals and guitar playing.

So, if you've read all this surely you'll be clicking this link.

http://thereisspaceshipsoverdeeside.blogspot.com/2011/01/spaceships-on-radio-13-guest-special.html

Feedback is appreciated on either my blog or Jim's, because I haven't mentioned he takes over proceedings for the second half with another eclectic mix that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment